Friday 17 January 2020

Britain's Royal Marine Band



A year ago last November I blogged some pictures of the old Britain's Royal Marine Band that I'd had as a kid and which had spent the last 45 years being knocked around in a box. They were very much the worst for wear and only 10 of their number being suitable for parade.



In December I finally got around to trying to restore them - having checked on eBay first that they weren't worth anything! I managed to get all but one (hidden at the back, pretty much arm-less) back to some semblance of order. The plastic was exceedingly brittle, and any attempt to refit things just ended up in bits breaking off, so there are some pretty gaping shoulders and odd arm positions, but with a bit of glue and a lick of paint I think they're now looking a lot better.








No comments:

Post a Comment