Thursday 30 January 2020

10mm WW2 Figures - British and German Platoons done


Just finished off a platoon of Brits and a platoon of Germans for WW2 late war. Their next task will be to undertake my Platoon level rules mega-test which should start next week. Aiming to get through 6-12 rule sets, more details to follow.

These figures and vehicles are all Magister Militum and I really like the sculpts, all realistic and very clear what the weapons are. I originally (~2yrs ago) based my 10mm trial set as squads on 4cm hex bases. Didnt like that so moved to ~0.5cm square bases, then thought I'd try the 1p sabot so based the new ones on 1p pieces, but don't think they like the sabot as they raise them to high (esp vs vehicles) and give a lot of extra mass. Happy with them just on the 1p's though, but may try with a "hollow" sabot.

Also used my new 2:1 grass:flock standard for the bases so they blend nicely with the rubber tile boards.





No comments:

Post a Comment