Friday 18 March 2022

The Three Wargame Table

 



Busy justifying the three 2'6" x 6' tables I bought when I set up the wargames room!

The figure game is a development/play test of my Medieval rules, after playtesting all those commercial ones over the last couple of months. Must admit it's going very well so far.

Near the camera is "Advance on Fitzlar" - the introductory scenario form my new (to me) copy(s) of NATO Division Commander (seen stacked). You can see the big black box of counters I've got to sort through at some point. Vague business reasons for playing it as it's one of the few commercial/SPI wargames which has two maps (for hidden movement) and rules for ISR (you have to get so many ISR points on a target before you can react/fire on it - I think)

Finally the smaller yellow/red countered game is Brian Train's Ukrainian Crisis (2014 version). I'd hoped to play this before the war started, but Russia beat me to it. Again business play (rather than hobby/PhD) as it has a large element of polmil/grey zone in it.

Hue lined up for after one of these finishes to get me back on the PhD track.




1 comment:

  1. Very impressive! Ukrainian Crisis is a good game, our group ran through it a couple of times when it was first published.

    ReplyDelete