Wednesday 6 October 2021

La Haie Sainte

 


For Waterloo60 we used 15mm buildings (despite the 20mm figures) as we find they give a better footprint, and for that game we even reduced the building footprints even further so they occupied more or less the right table space - so even Adrian's 15mm La Haie Sainte didn't get deployed in its entirety.

Whilst sorting my buildings for the game I decided that since my good old 20mm Airfix La Haie Sainte wasn't being used I might show it some love after the game and get it properly based up so as to minimise the chance of future damage and also make it more get-out-and-play, and look better once actually on the table. Here's the result.


The paint job is about 10-20 years old I think (I don't think this is the model I had as a kid, that one I'm sure is now separate buildings due to breakages) and I only touched it up where it was flaking off. The MDF baseboard is 40cm x 30 cm. Aquatic gravel was used for the courtyard, the hedges are my standard flocked coir welcome mat, and the "vegetables" are from the foilage that had fallen from various "bottle-brush" style trees. The base has warped a bit but overall I'm very happy with the result.


Just need to play a 20mm Napoleonic skirmish game to give it a proper outing!


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant basing David. You have given this 'old girl', whether 'only ten years' or far older, a really top refurb.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, need to pick up Sharpe Practice or something similar to get it out on the table

    ReplyDelete