Monday 4 January 2021

2020 Review - 2021 Plans

 


Needless to say COVID had a pretty big impact on my gaming for the year - however a lot was rescued from the ashes.

I had no face-to-face games in 2020, although Nick and I managed a Bolt Action game on Tabletop Simulator and to refight part of Waterloo over Zoom/Jitsi. I also played a number of games at VCOW (and am looking forward to February's VCOW2021), and loads of solo games.

The biggest single change was that for the first time in my life I have a dedicated wargames room (well doubling as my home/office) big enough for an 8' x 6' table as standard - and the ability to push to 10' and maybe even 12'. That means I can leave games up (although that wouldn't have been an issue this year!) and potentially even have 2 games going at once (although time just doesn't allow that).

In terms of my planner, this is what I managed:

Dec: 🎨10mm WW2*, 🎲BAOR Mega*
Jan: 🎨Cara*, 🔪Cropredy Bridge *
Feb: 🎨ED*/Cara*, 🎲WW2 Pl MegaTest *
Mar: 🎨WOTR*, 🎲WW2 Pl MegaTest *
Apr: 🎨🎲ACP164*, 🎲WW2PMT*
May: 🎲WOTR* , 🎲WW2PMT*,🎨NapGen*
Jun: 🎨1987*, 🎨NapRus*, 🎲ACP*
Jul/Aug: 🎨NapRus*, 🎨ACPDead*, 🧱
Sep: 🎨BAOR*, 🎲Moongrunts(BARC*/SG*/MW&BG*)
Oct: 🎨BAOR*,🔪OcanaX2**,🎲NATOBC*
Nov: 🎨WARPAC*, 🎲Waterloo*
Dec: 🎨 ECW@, 🎲1987x2 @>>

🎨 = paint figures
🔪 = historic refight
🎲 = other wargame
🧱 = 1:1painting!
* = done
@ = ongoing
@> = finishing

This year (2020) I didn't plan the whole 12 months but just the next 3 at a time, pulling stuff of a backlog. The backlog at the end of 2020 was looking like:

🎨 Nap: 2mm, Rus@
🔪 Nap: Wagram; FdO,Albuera
🎨 ECW: Last(3)?
🔪 ECW:  MarstMoor(37k), 2nd Newbury
🎨 WOTR: WOTR, WOTR
🔪 WOTR: 1stSA,Blore Heath, Ludford Bridge
🎨 WW2: 10mm Coys
🎨 BAOR: Urban Terrain, Warrior/BTR60 Coys?
🎲 BAOR: 10mm CWO, NATO-FC, SPI, ScenBk
🎨 Mod: 28mm US/Sov,
🎲Mod: 28mm skirmish>>
🎨 SF: Albedo civilians/ILR Assault
🎲 SF: Albedo campaign@

So I suppose I got the core done, but not the cream.




I'm sticking with the same approach for 2021, starting with the backlog pretty much as was at the end of 2020 and not adding anything really in to it. The first 3-4 months look like:

Jan:  🎨ECW@, 🎨NapRus, 🎲1987x2
Feb: 🎨WOTR, 🎲ECWx2
Mar: 🎨WW2, 🎲WOTR (DOK?)
Apr: 🎲WW2CoyMega?

And hopefully by the summer (Indian?) we can start to get some face-to-face gaming in as Nick, Adrian and I really want to do Waterloo 60 before it turns into Waterloo 61!




No comments:

Post a Comment