Monday 21 December 2020

20mm Napoleonic Casualty Markers


 When playing Steady Lads Steady we tend to use smoke puffs for damage markers. A unit can typically take up to 4 before it routs, but by then it has usually withdrawn behind own lines, so still having the puffs seems odd as they no longer show where the action it - and it eats up puffs! So I've gradually started painting up old Airfix casualty figures to act as 4-damage markers. In the Waterloo game I found that they were easily overlooked once placed with a unit, so with this batch I've tried orange and red edges to make them stand out a bit more. Think they look quite nice, will check them in context before painting more.







2 comments:

  1. Great looking markers David. It seems that there is always a good use for these Airfix 'extras' (and I'm looking around for more). Whereas, I used to consider as 'wasted' figures in my youth!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, my mate has bags of them that we never played with

    ReplyDelete