Monday 10 February 2020

Platoon Rules MegaPlaytest - The Plan



Following on from 2018's Skirmish Rules MegaPlaytest I'm finally making a start on a Platoon level mega play test (at this rate expect Company-level in 2022 and Bn in 2024!). I realise there is some overlap from both Skirmish to Platoon, and Platoon to Company, and so some rules may be tested more than once in different contexts.

I've decided to base the test on a WW2 engagement, but I'm not limiting myself to WW2 rules as to me the principle is about Mechanised Warfare, and so I'd expect similar results from playing WW2/Cold War/Modern/"rational" SF rules. The rules I plan to play are:


  • Chain of Command
  • Bolt Action
  • KR16 (SF)
  • Fireteam: Modern
  • UltraCombat: Modern
  • Iron Cross/7Days to the Rhine
  • Force on Force (modern)
  • No End In Sight (modern)
  • Contact Wait Out (my own)
If I'm making good progress I may add in:
  • I Ain't Been Shot Mum (really Coy/Bn)
  • Blitzkrieg Command (really Coy/Bn)
  • Victory Decision: Future Combat
  • Stargrunt2
Sets that will definitely have to wait for the Coy playtest include:
  • Panzer Grenadier Deluxe
  • Crossfire
  • Poor Bloody Infantry 
  • TeamYankee

For the scenario rather than play the same one for all rules (as I did with the Skirmish playtest) I'm going to use TooFatLardies Op Martlet pint-sized campaign as a basis, and with 6 scenarios play each one about twice. Figures will be 10mm Magister Militum.

Let battle(s) commence....


No comments:

Post a Comment