Monday 7 October 2019

Port2Jump Resurrected



Having got the Gushemege Guide effectively completed and now just struggling to find the best way to get it out into the big wide world I can turn my attention back to Port2Jump which I haven't worked on since 2016 - but this will be the Winter I get it working and out there!

Port2Jump is a player/GM helper app for the Traveller role-playing game which takes you through the whole sequence from loading up at a starport, heading out to jump, jumping, and then dock back in the new system. I hope it will also be far more than that and become a way of adventuring in the Traveller universe quite independent of a "physical" game. Whilst it was initially very text centric I started adding still images and am now looking at adding WebGL 3D visualisations. Who knows where it will end up.....

First challenge, completed today, was to get the 3 yr old code running on Visual Studio 2019. Next is to start publishing to Azure so that I can open it up to alpha testers sooner rather than later. Then I'll start actually adding new features.

Earlier Perl Version





2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I've played in more than a few Traveller games where this would have been helpful. A buddy of mine made a "trade and commodity helper" back in '02 which sort of took a game life of it's own for a short bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, was hoping the lock-down would let me progress this a bit faster but seem to have even less free time than before! Moving slowly forward though.

    ReplyDelete