Friday 5 April 2019

Young Guard Tirailleurs Grenadiers


Two battalions of Tirailleurs Grenadiers of the Young Guard march off the painting table, ready to be properly based and to make room for some Tirailleurs Chasseurs. Unlike many Napoleonic Wargamers I'm actually spending the last year or so of painting for the 2021 Waterloo game painting Young, Middle and Old Guard as I do't have enough! 20mm figures by Newline. Sharp-eyed will notice that they are Actually Middle Guard figures that I've given shorter boots as a) couldn't find a better Newline figure for Young Guard and b) I need Middle Guard too so easier to buy one type rather than had some odds and sods left over!


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully rendered David. The Newline figures are excellent, aren't they?
    I look forward to seeing the chasseurs and Middle Guard marching off too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just the right "bulk" for me. Annoyingly I forgot to pre-order the Chasseurs of the Guard before I went down to Salute and they didn't have them in stock. Not due to start on them til May anyway. Did get a chance to return the 6 packs of Guard Lancers they over-sent me last year though!

    ReplyDelete