Thursday 21 June 2018

20mm Sabot Bases - Production Line Mode!



Getting ready for the second day of the Battle of Sombreffe in a week's time. This should be the last battle in our Blucher 100 Days Campaign, with me taking over the French after Alan sadly failed his final real-life save roll a few months ago.

I've been gradually working up a sabot design for my 20mm Napoleonics, with an extra deep back bar to take any labels (custom cut by Jim at ProductsForWargamers). For the first big batch the Cavalry were fine, but the Infantry were still a bit shallow (all the flock on my bases adds 5mm when three deep!), so I've had to manually cut off the backs, move them back, restick them and fill in the gaps!

I've now spray painted the lot of them (some ace cheap spray from the local Cass Arts shop - half the price of GW/Humbrol) - and that's about 2/3 of the Inf drying out, and have about half that number of Cavalry ones. Next job is to flock found the edges. The base labels are all lined up on the Excel sheet, so all should be ready in time for the game. Just need to clear the dining room.....



No comments:

Post a Comment