Thursday 23 October 2008

Eightbar comment on my mirror worlds presentation

Nice post by Ian Hughes/ePredator from IBM on the EightBar blog about my mirror worlds presentation at Virtual Worlds London

"The post lunch session began for me with the "Rise of Mirror Worlds andMirror World Applications". Now dont get me wrong I like mirror worlds,but I was more taken with the sort of augmented mashup approach thatDavid Burden of Daden took in showing the mirror world potential thaninitially the approach of Alex Wrottesly of Near and Mirko Caspar ofMetaversum (Twinity).Alex was basiclaly coming out of "pseudo stealth" and sharing the Nearconcept of a 100% accurate model of a city with managed shop fronts andinteriors for all the parties involved in the real place. Twinity wasshowing virtual Berlin and the sort of activities and popularity ofhaving a real place to socialize in.
David showed google maps mashups with aeroplane arrival data and layering of reality with augmentations from various places."

***Imported from old blog***

No comments:

Post a Comment