Thursday 26 July 2018

First 20mm War of the Roses


Finally got my first batch of 20mm War of the Roses figures (from Tumbling Dice) finished. A few poses are a bit odd but otherwise nice looking figures.

I've decided to paint by Lord/Affinity rather than by troop type, so do all the archers/billmen/men-at-arms for a Lord's contingent,  and then group them up and base by troop type covering possibly more than one Lord's men.



The heraldry/Lords I'm doing and contingency size is based on the Kingmaker game, as I'd like to try using that as a campaign system. If you count Lords badged forces only then its about 1.3 figure per point, but if you include all the post-related and mercenary forces then I'm doing about 1 figure per 2 points, this assumes an ultimate force of about 20 units (each 16 figs) a side (by 2021!)

I'll also start easing in some more HYW style figures, including French, so I can do some chevaucee type campaigns too.




No comments:

Post a Comment