Fascinating article from Alertbox on some ebuying research. Highlights are:
- Average conversion from a search ad click is 2%
- 50% of conversions happened in 28 minutes!
- 75% of the conversions occurred within 24 hours
- Orders didn't reach the 90% mark until 12 days
- it took four weeks to reach 95%.
- After two months, 99% of orders had been received
- final percent gained during the third month.
- For items costing less than $100, 90% of orders were received within eleven days.
- For items costing more than $300, it took eighteen days to reach that level.
There's a good chart summarising the data.
Thus, the last 5% of orders happened more than four weeks after the initial click.
***Imported from old blog***