Wednesday 2 September 2020

The War(Games) Room

 


The reason for the paucity of posts here for the last few months hasn't been so much COVID as that I've been involved in a stint of 1:1 painting. My daughter finally officially moved out at the end of June and so the big attic room that has been her bedroom for over a decade has now become my wargames room and office. Teenage murals, dark walls, cracks and quotations needed painting over, and then a big move of wargames stuff from the dining room and a swop of books with the old study, and then a move of the office from the spare bedroom and finally I'm all settled in.

I bought four 6ft trestle tables (foldable type), the aim being to have 3 up for wargaming - letting me do one 4'x6' game and then have space for an SPI type game or some game prototyping - or use all together for one 8'x6' weekend game (small gap between tables covered by the 60cm terrain boards). For really big games I can add the fourth table which will usually be the workshop table (which will be the last bit of wargaming stuff to leave the rest of the house!) giving me 10'x6', or even 12'x6' at a push. Just need COViD to abate (particularly in Brum) so I can have people round.


I've even found space to sneak in a space for my keyboards and a nascent home music studio set-up!





2 comments:

  1. A lovely looking 'den' David.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, feeling rather spoilt. Hopefully be able to actually share it with people once COVID is over. Also looking at putting in an over-the-table camera mount for remote gaming.

    ReplyDelete