Friday 20 March 2020

French Corps moves to Home Counties to counter CORVID19!


Whilst adjusting to COVID19 and looking after Canadian refugees (OK my sister-in-law and her husband) has put the Megatest on hold for a week (back to normal hopefully next week assuming they make the last Canadian flight out of the UK!) Nick and I have decided the time is ripe to try our hand at remote wargaming.

So last night I boxed up about a Corps of French to take down this weekend (checking on my mum) and swop for some boxes of British Infantry, so that we'll both have about a Corps of French and British. We both have enough Hexon for a table, so we should be able to lay out two mirror tables and then use the Hexon grid and our SLS rules to easily play a game over Skype/Whatsapp - we'll see. I've put in a wifi range extender to up the wifi coverage in the dining room to support it.

I'm also taking down a flotilla of British and German WW2 ships so we can try the same thing on Naval, and I have the penultimate encounter from our 100 Days campaign set up on Roll20 so we may give that a go as a platform too.

When life gives you lemons make lemonade as they say!



No comments:

Post a Comment