Wednesday 9 October 2019

Mud Flat Trees


On a very warm New Years Day at the very beginning of the year I was walking with friends around a bay in North Wales. The tide was right out so we started to short-cut across the mud flats. I then realised that the small (8-16cm) bare stubby plants looked just like scale model trees. So I picked half a dozen up, and put them in a bag and brought them home meaning to see what I could do with them.

Fast forward 10 months and I finally sat down and had a play, and I think they've some out really well. I just sprayed them with the tacky spray glue you use for photos and stuff, threw Noch Underbrush at them, threw on some other bits of flock, mounted them and hey-presto!


Really pleased with the result. Those are 10cm hexons tile and 20mm figures for scale. There are two bare trees at the back as I ran out of Underbrush, some more on order. The dark green Underbrush was too deep I think, so will stick to light green in future.


Hope to be back in North Wales this New Year so may get some more, keeping the location a secret in case I buy up the tree farming rights and turn this into an industry!


No comments:

Post a Comment