Wednesday 12 June 2019

Battle of Newbury Drive-by


On the way down to the Lutzen game I wanted to do a quick walk of the First Battle of Newbury as I'm just setting that up in the gaming table. As it was the weather was so bad I restricted myself to a quick drive-by and only dived out once to get a photo, and took one even from inside! Anyway it was useful to get a sense of the lie of the land and will certainly inform the build. What is notable is that the A34 bypass basically runs down the length of the Parliamentary line! I'll remember to keep a better eye out next time I'm driving down it to Portsmouth.

Looking NW from the upper right arrow on the map towards the main battle ground

Looking SW from the upper arrow on the map towards the Parliamentarian lines

Looking N from the lower left arrow to the area around Biggs Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment