Tuesday 21 May 2019

15mm Moongrunts - US


Finished the US troops of the GZG 15mm Moongrunts I picked up at Salute. Also finished the domes from Brigade (but form some reason forgot to photograph).

Had a bit of an issue as my intention was for these to be Chinese in tactical grey with the US in Apollo white, but a misreading of a Google caption meant I painted up the US figures, not the Chinese ones. So now it's the USA in tactical garb, and the Taikonauts in white.


I needed some scenery so I made up 3 or 4 craters from plastic bottle rims and grout-filler. The biggets one came out really nicely (photo to come), the others passable. For a bit more cover I also did some rocks, picking up suitable candidates on a walk through Moseley Bog. I also spent a couple of hours watching the Applo 16 and 17 documentaries on YouTube which are a great way to see the Moon's terrain, and the size (and scarcity!) of the bigger boulders - but otherwise it's going to be a turkey shoot! The missile defence turret is the spare weapon from one of the domes put on top of a kids watercolour pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment